Woman Kidnapped Her Two Children to Get Ransom from Husband - Rivers State Police


On Tuesday April 12, Rivers State Police Command released photos of captured suspected criminals in the state. Among the suspects paraded was a woman identified as Mrs. Abigail Brown who kidnapped her two children to get ransom from her husband.


According to a statement issued by the Command on Wednesday, April 13, Mrs Brown and husband’s former driver, identified as ThankGod, connived to kidnap her two children, aged 2 and 10. The suspects then called the husband to pay a ransom in order to secure their release. Brown who had earlier denied the allegation against her, later but later confessed to the crime claiming she that "it was frustration that made her to commit the crime as she had no means of survival."

She claimed that her husband had abandoned her and the two children to suffer, adding that the kidnap was the only means of making some money from her husband. She had abducted her two children, and hid them in her sister’s place and was awaiting the ransom from the husband before she was apprehended by the police.

"I did it because of frustration. My husband abandoned me and my children. Since he left us and went away, I have been suffering with my children, and I know that he has money. I only did it to make him bring money for me to take care of the children we had together." she said.

About Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.